Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Than Photos Can Record...

It occurred to me recently that Danny will never be this small again. I haven't even been a mom for four months, and I'm already worried about how fast my son is growing. I was talking to my sister the other day, and I was telling her how I can record so much about Danny with photographs and videos... but I'll never be able to record the way he smells or how soft his baby skin is, or how it feels to hold his wriggly body close to me. I'm afraid that even if I write these experiences down, that I will never be able to do justice the sweet memories that we have created over the last 3 months. Last night, for example, I was nursing Danny in his room. The room was really dark, and I could hardly see anything. I was rocking him and singing a lullaby. All of a sudden, I felt this little hand reach up out of the dark to caress my face while I was singing to him. He kept his hand up there on my face for a good 15 minutes. He was feeling my mouth move while I was singing. I've never been a very sentimental person, but I hope I never lose that memory. I know I shouldn't dwell so much on the possibility of losing memories... but if we keep making such wonderful memories at this rate... there soon won't be room in my head for any more!

At any rate... until they come up with technology that will record the way a baby smells and feels, we'll have to settle with photos! If I didn't send you these pictures this week, here they are:

Click to play A Week with Danny
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

2 comments:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

I am 100% with you on wanting to remember everything about life with Logan. However - his smells I can avoid because his formula smells NASTY - thus his spit up and everything else that comes out of him is nasty.

Danny looks like he is doing great and enjoys tummy time! He should tell his friend Logan that tummy time isn't so bad.

I love that we can keep tabs on our boys through the blogs. GOOD STUFF!

katienryan said...

I remember feeling the same way when CRW was about Danny's age. Heck, I still feel that way. One night I jumped out of bed to scribble down little things about Christopher that I was afraid I'd forget. It's nice to hear how much you're enjoying Mommyhood. It just keeps getting better...